The team at Animal Hospital Southwest believes that it’s important to reduce our impact on the earth through our use of green practices.
To do our part to reduce in reducing our carbon footprint:
- We have installed solar panels to reduce our nonrenewable energy usage.
- We limit our use of Air Conditioning and Heating to specific times of day and at specific temperatures in order to reduce our electricity usage.
- Animal Hospital Southwest endeavor to recycle all paper, cardboard, and aluminum.
- Thanks to the community, we reuse newspaper from the community in our kennel and litter boxes.
- We have reduced our usage of paper and use recycled paper when we do print materials for our clients.
- We are active with groups that practice TNR (Trap, Neuter, and Release). TNR helps control the population of homeless cats that put predatory pressure on our native Texas wildlife and birds.
- Dr. Morris is active in conservation efforts to increase the population of native Texas bluebirds.
- Many of our staff members drive low emission, hybrid, or all electric vehicles.
Our Animal Hospital is dedicated to pursuing further efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.